Friday 28 January 2011

She smiled at me

I think it's true to say that unless you were one of the 'cool kids' at school you wish you had been. They always seemed to be so put together and like they were having a great time. The reason I mention this is because I think someone thought I was one of the 'cool' kids today. . .

The job market is no friend of mine at the moment and in a bid to stay involved in real life and have something to do I am volunteering at my old high school, helping the kiddiewinks. I had to go in today to fill out some paperwork to certify that I'm not on any kind of 'register' and am allowed to be in contact with kids. As I approached the school I was taken aback to see the female pupils sporting leggings and not much else! Showing me how much things have changed since I was there wearing my baggy jumpers and ugly shoes! (I have major foot problems with bunions and wide, flat feet so buying school shoes was never a joy).

As I was walking home I saw a girl walking towards me and going to the college next door. She was wearing a chunky knit cardie, indie scarf and leggings so a very trendy outfit. I looked up at her and she smiled at me. I know, I know, it could just have been any old smile but it felt like a smile between two people who are acknowledging each other as if to say "I like your outfit and you look cool".

Read into it what you will but to me it felt like she thought I was one of the cool kids, and it made me smile.

So if you have made it through that short story and want to see the outfit in question, here it is:








Headband: New Look

Coat: Evans

Top: River Island

Necklace: gift

Jeggings: Yours

Boots: River Island

No comments:

Post a Comment